Cassi Young-Paxton (@cassiyoungpaxton) shows us how to create 5 unique date night hairstyles using Kenra Professional styling products!
Look 1: Flirty Curls
- What you’ll need: curling iron, Kenra Dry Oil Conditioning Mist, Kenra Color Maintenance Thermal Spray 11
- Step 1: Prep hair with Kenra Dry Oil Conditioning Mist. Section and clip hair up to start curling the hair on the bottom. Spray each section with Kenra Color Maintenance Thermal Spray 11.
- Step 2: Take a vertical section of the hair and curl it in a beach wave pattern, which is where you start with a curl going one direction and the next curl going the opposite. Be sure to curl the ends to ensure a more polished evening look.
- Step 3: Continue to curl the hair towards the top of the head in horseshoe or U-shaped sections around the head. When you get to the front, curl the hair away from the face.
- Step 4: As you separate the curls with your hands, spray Kenra Dry Oil Conditioning Mist throughout for separation.
Look 2: Sassy Side Sweep
- What you’ll need: dressing brush, bobby pins, decorative pins, Kenra Dry Oil Control Spray 14
- Step 1: On hair that is wavy, begin by making a side part. Use Kenra Dry Oil Control Spray 14 and a dressing brush to pull the hair tight on the side.
- Step 2: Start twisting the hair in the chosen direction of your sweep while adding more hair to the twist. Use a bobby pin to secure the twisted section, and then place a decorative piece over the bobby pin to hide it.
Look 3: Playful Pony
- What you’ll need: elastic, bobby pins, Kenra Volume Spray 25, Kenra Dry Oil Conditioning Mist
- Step 1: Shake out a previously built-in curl and spray a light mist of Kenra Volume Spray 25. Then use a hooked elastic to secure the ponytail in the middle of the back of the head, so there is some loose hair at the bottom.
- Step 2: Split the hair below and use Kenra Dry Oil Conditioning Mist before braiding the loose piece. Wrap the braid around the elastic and secure it with a bobby pin. Repeat on the other side.
- Step 3: Smooth out any out-of-place hairs with the end of a tail comb.
Look 4: Sporty Space Buns
- What you’ll need: clips, elastic, comb, bobby pins
- Step 1: Begin by parting the hair in the middle and splitting it into two sections for the buns. Clip one section away to start working with the other.
- Step 2: Start twisting the hair back and secure it with bobby pins along the way. Then take a regular elastic to secure a ponytail. Repeat on the other side.
- Step 3: Loosely backcomb the hair upwards without overly tangling it. The purpose of this is to add air and texture once the buns are created.
- Step 4: As you begin to wrap the hair around the bun, twist the bobby pins into place to secure.
Look 5: Relaxed Romance
- What you’ll need: elastic, Kenra Volume Spray 25
- Step 1: Split the hair in half horizontally to create two simple ponies: one should be about ear height, and the second should be below. Place a regular elastic around the top ponytail loosely so you can push the ponytail through before tightening.
- Step 2: Repeat with the remaining hair below to create the same type of ponytail. Finish the look with Kenra Volume Spray 25 to hold the hair in place.