The "Muy Melted” technique blends three shades from root to tip. The shades can be warm or cool, based on the client’s preference, base color, skin tone and underlying pigment. The results are completely customizable—you can create subtle effects or high-drama, high-contrast results. You can also combine your melts with more of your favorite techniques, like balayage or lowlighting, for color that is completely tailor-made for each client.
Ready to deconstruct a multi-melt service? Here’s how Matrix Global Educator Artist, Pati Rodriguez (@pati.rodrigz) creates “Muy Melted,” a high-contrast, high-shine transformation on her level 3 client using Matrix SoColor Pre-Bonded Permanent Color.
“With our model Natalie, we’re going for a high contrast look,” says Pati. “We will deepen and darken her natural shade then blend it out into warmer and lighter color on the ends. We’ll also add more dimension to the ends with lowlights so they aren’t so solid.”
Natural Level: 3
Underlying Pigment: Red Orange
Hair Diameter: Medium
Wave Pattern: Wavy/2A
Formula A: SoColor Pre-Bonded Blended 4M + 10 Volume Cream Developer
Formula B: SoColor Pre-Bonded Blended 9G + 10 Volume Cream Developer
Formula C: SoColor Pre-Bonded Blended 6W + 10 Volume Cream Developer
• Apply Formula A at the base and saturate down three inches from the scalp.
• Apply Formula B to the ends
• Apply Formula C one inch from Formula A using the index and middle fingers to blend the three formulas together.
• Working throughout the head, isolate select lowlight strands, place them on a color board and paint Formula A onto mids and ends.
• Process for 30 minutes at room temperature.
• Once processed, rinse the hair with lukewarm water. Shampoo and condition the hair with Matrix Total Results Unbreak My Blonde. Style as desired.