As every colorist knows, color corrections can be some of the most time-consuming and daunting tasks faced in the salon. With harsh lines of demarcation, brassy undertones and more, every color correction presents its own unique challenge.
Now Redken Brand Ambassador Matt Rez has created the fastest way to balance, tone, correct color and add dimension! Introducing The Midlight—color correction in one step. The Midlight is a connecting color that falls between the darkest tone (usually the base) and the lightest tone (usually the highlight) in the hair.
So why is The Midlight technique so perfect for color correction? The Midlight acts as a targeted base bump, providing minimal lift with intentional warmth, while maintaining some of the base color and adding highlights in one step. This creates brightened, blended and balanced color from root to tip!
What is the Midlight Technique?
Watch the Midlight Transformation
Highlight Formula 1:
- 15g Flash Lift Bonder Inside
- 1 oz. (30 ml) 20 volume Pro-oxide Cream Developer
Midlight Formula 2:
- 2 oz. (60 ml) Chromatics Clear
- 2 oz. (60 ml) 20 Volume Chromatics Oil-in-Cream Developer
Lowlight Formula 3:
- 2 oz. (60 ml) Shades EQ Cream 05WB
- 2 oz. (60 ml) 10 Volume Pro-oxide Cream Developer
Midlight Formula 4:
- 2 oz. (60 ml) Shades EQ Gloss 06N
- 2 oz. (60 ml) Shades EQ Processing Solution for Precision Application
- 1 oz. (30 ml) Shades EQ Gloss 09N
- 1 oz. (30 ml) Shades EQ Gloss 09G
- 1 oz. (30 ml) Shades EQ Gloss 08GG
- 3 oz. (60 ml) Shades EQ Processing Solution
Blog and videos courtesy of Redken